Almost Naked Animals is a Canadian animated television series produced for YTV and Cartoon Network. The series was created by Noah Z. Jones (the creator of the Disney Channel animated series Fish Hooks) and began airing in 2011 and stopped airing in 2013.
The cartoon is set inside a tropical cabana called the Banana Cabana. All of the cabana's staff members and residents are funny animals who have shaved off their fur and wear only underwear. A dog named Howie is the owner and leader of the cabana, which is run with the help of his various friends. Each episode follows the misadventures of Howie and his crew around the cabana.
Production of the show begin in October 2009, although it was a concept as far back as 2006.Originally, the series was to debut on YTV on Fall of 2010, but its debut was delayed until January 7, 2011.
- In the UK, the series debuted on CITV, on April 11, 2011.
- In Australia, the series debuted on ABC3 on May 27, 2011.
- The US premiere was announced in April 18, 2011 and debuted on June 13, 2011 on Cartoon Network.
Internationally, the show has been picked up by Disney Channel (Italy/India/Latin America), Luk International (Spain) and Z@pp/Zeppelin (Netherlands) to air in their lineups. The show also debuted on Canal+ (France) and Super RTL in (Germany) thie fall of 2011.
A second and third season is currently in production, and have been finished and aired.
- Howie (voiced by Robert Tinkler) is the main protagonist and manager of the Banana Cabana. He is hyperactive and impulsive.
- Octo (voiced by Howard Jerome) is the desk clerk, and Howie's best friend. He is a jittery octopus who is scared of everything (except for Howie and the others).
- Bunny (voiced by Emilie-Claire Barlow) is the activity planner with a sugary personality (subject to mood swings).
- Duck (voiced by David Berni) is one of Howie's best friends. He performs maintenance jobs around the Cabana and tries anything to get them done. He is also a creative inventor who will make a complicated invention just to solve a simple problem. He switches between dimwitted and intelligent at will.
- Piggy (voiced by Seán Cullen) is a ninja-trained master chef with an accent.
- Narwhal (also voiced by Seán Cullen) is a medium-sized toothed whale with an enormous ego. He loves to sing and performs regularly at the cabana.
- Sloth (voiced by Linda Kash) is a bellhop of the Banana Cabana, who moves around using a baggage car, and does everything slowly. She also has a crush on Howie.
- Poodle (voiced by Alyson Court) is Howie's sister. She owns a rival cabana called the Chateau Chattoo, and often tries to sabotage her brother's job.
- Batty (voiced by Julie Lemieux) is Poodle's henchman.
- See List of episodes
- It's My Party / One Star Hotel
- There Are No Small Parts / Keep On Monster Truckin'
- Ear Wax Elf / Stunter's Block
- What Would Batty Do? / The Duck Vinci Code
- Employee of the Month For Life / Saliva Drive
- Veggie Beast / Hurricane Seasoning
- Act to the Future / Guess Who's Coming to Lunch
- All Dog No Danger / Cowboy Cabana
- Oh Brother, Who Are You? / Nothing But the Tooth
- A Fish This Big / Fizz Fuzz Bang
- Better Safe and Sorry / Narwhal's Contest
- Cool Paw Howie / S.S. Banana Cabana
- Robo-Howie / The Old Act
- Jellyhead / Matter Over Mind
- In The Deep End / The Sun Howie Always Wanted
- Gone Banana / Imaginary Fiend
- Who Inked the Bed? / Kikmee
- Ooberpus / May the Best Loser Win
- Living Dangerously
- The Orange Fizzy Blues / Champion Gurgitator
- Creator - Noah Z. Jones
- Seasons - 3 (all 3 aired)
- Episodes - 52 (all 52 aired)
- Language - English
- Director - Brad Ferguson
- Executive Producer - Vince Commisso, Steve Jarosz, Noah Z. Jones
- Producer - Tristan Homer
- Creative Producer - Mark Satterthwaite
- Runtime - 11 minutes per episode (22 min. in U.S.)
- Companies producing it - YTV Productions, 9 Story Entertainment, Cartoon Network (acquired it)
- Original channel - YTV
- Primary channel - Cartoon Network
- Original run - January 7, 2011 (June 13, 2011 in the US) - May 22, 2013 (June 19, 2013 in the US)
- Website - http://www.almostnakedanimals.com/
National and international release
|Image||Country||Premiere||Channel / Network|
|Canada (Show Origin)|| January 7, 2011 (YTV)|
September 3, 2012 (Nick Canada)
|YTV and Nick Canada|
|UK||April 11, 2011||CITV|
|US (Episodes aired here before anywhere else, except for Canada)|| June 13, 2011 (Cartoon Network)|
March 5, 2012 (Boomerang)
|Cartoon Network and Boomerang|
|Germany||Fall 2011||Super RTL|
|Russia||June 1, 2012||Disney Channel Russia|
|Spain||Sometime during 2012||Luk Internacional|